Metrum Credit Union has discovered unauthorized activity occurring on member debit cards, and as of the time of this writing, we have not received the details of which retail outlet breach the compromise is related to. We are seeing unauthorized activity from both Blue Apron Inc. and Amazon transactions originating from outside of the United States. Metrum member cards have already had fraudulent activity occur.
Following our standard practice of protecting accounts, replacement cards have been issued to those accounts affected.
Below are the details regarding the replacement cards and what you can expect if your account has been affected.
- Notices were mailed to affected members on April 18, 2019
- Replacement Cards have been issued and were mailed out the week of April 22
- Most members received their card prior to April 26
- PIN numbers will arrive in the mail three to five days following the card.
- Please activate your new VISA® Debit Card by calling the toll-free number included with your new card and then destroy your old card.
- We encourage you to contact us as soon as you receive your replacement card so we may deactivate the old card, protecting your account.
- Remember to contact any merchants who take automatic/reoccurring payments from this card number and notify them of your new card number.
- The old card numbers will be deactivated at midnight (MST) on Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- We recommend you review your account for any unusual activity, now and in the future, to be proactive in the prevention of fraud.
- Want to protect your account more? Check out the ‘Manage My Cards‘ service on the MetrumCU Mobile App. This tool will allow you to temporarily lock and unlock your card, giving you more control of your account.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this matter, please call us at 303-770-4468.