A joint owners account allows more than one person to own and manage it.
MCCU considers a Joint Owner to have the same ownership rights on the account as the primary person.
A Joint Owner is typically added to the account when the account is opened, however, members are able to add or remove Joint Owners at anytime following the below guidelines are met:
To Add Joint Owners:
- Use this form to add a new Joint Owner to your account
- A new Membership Agreement will be signed by all owners (current owner and new)
- A copy of a valid ID is required for all owners on the account.
To Remove a Joint Owner:
- Contact the CU to request the form to remove a Joint Owner. This form must be signed by the owner being removed.
- If the form is not signed at our location, it will need to be notarized.
- A new Membership Agreement will be completed and then signed by any remaining owners.